Get Fit in Record Time With These Fitness Tips
The following Fitness tips are intended for education and reference only!
Please consult your physician before starting a diet or exercise program!
Cardiovascular fitness tips (Aerobic)
- Begin your exercise with a 5–10 minute warm-up. For example, walk on the treadmill moderately before beginning a jog or run.
- End your workout with a 5–10 minute cool-down (moderately walk after a jog/run to bring the heart rate back down to a resting rate) and stretch (hold each stretch for 8–10 seconds with no bouncing).
- Modify your intensity level to train within your target heart rate zone. To find your target heart rate zone use the following calculation:
[220-Your Age] = HeartRate (for a 20-year-old 220–20=200)
HeartRater X 60% (.60) = Target heart rate for beginning exerciser
(200 X .60=120 beats per minute) (120 beats per minute =20 beats per 10 second count).
Heart Rate X 90% (.90) = Target heart rate for advanced exerciser
(200 X .90=180 beats per minute) (180 beats per minute = 30 beats per 10 second count).
Condition yourself with interval training
For example, lightly walk or jog for 2 minutes, then sprint for 1 minute, then back to walk/jog and then sprint and continue the cycle. In the second example, walk on zero inclines for 2 minutes, then walk at 1% incline for 1 minute, then back to zero inclines for 2 minutes, then 2% incline for 1 minute and repeat (increasing the incline each time).
Strength training tips(anaerobic)
- Begin each set by warming up the muscles with 12–15 repetitions of a lightweight.
- Work the large muscle groups (legs, back, chest) before the smaller ones (biceps, triceps, shoulders, calves).
- Once you can quickly achieve 12–15 repetitions, add more weight. Work out with a partner and ask your partner to lightly spot you when you need it. Your goal should be to hit muscle fatigue…