Low carb diet: Low in calories, high in pleasure.
Most love to be trim and healthy, but many people have to suffer from obesity. Most people hate to diet because diet deprives us of good food. But this is not true. There are many diets which give balanced nutrition where you eat everything. The low-carb diet is one such diet. So what is this much-touted low-carb diet all about?
Low carb diet: What is it?
For those who are not as healthy as you wish, you can follow the low-carb diet where you can maintain a healthy routine by adopting a low-carbohydrate intake and lifestyle. One of the main reasons to reduce carbohydrate intake is because carbohydrates are easily converted into fats due to the fast action of insulin. The insulin follows a vicious cycle, which increases obesity. To stop this cycle, carbohydrate intake must be reduced or controlled.
Benefits of the low-carb diet
One of the most significant advantages of a low-carb diet is that it is a very healthy way to lose weight. Below are some of the good points of the low-carb diet
- Sustained weight loss
- Stabilized sugar levels. This is especially important for diabetics.
- Better blood lipid profiles and low cholesterol.
- More energy and a refreshing feeling
- Lowered insulin and blood pressure.
Many people feel that the low-carb diet is low in vitamins. Thus, it is essential for those taking this diet to take supplementary vitamins.
How to follow a low-carb diet?
Following are some guidelines you can follow before starting your low-carb diet.
- Limit carbohydrates to no more than 10 percent of your
- Eat only allowed foods.
- Do not eat foods that contain sugar or white flour, and be aware of sugars and carbohydrates that do not come to the surface quickly.
- Cut out Coffee and cigarettes.
- Take fibre, vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Drink lots of water